Friday 23 January 2015

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Perfume Review

 Does this make me a grown-up lady now? 

For about a year and a half now, I've had a bottle of Coco Mademoiselle EDT that I've been rationing out - but I end up using it most days because it smells so lovely! Sadly I ran out just before Christmas, but my ever so wonderful amazing stepdad bought me this beautiful bottle to replace it, and I'm in love!
Until now, I've never really noticed a major difference between EDT and EDP but this one is definitely a lot stronger (it's easy to choke on if you spray too much!) and I think it remains more noticeable for longer.
Chanel describe this scent as 'Oriental-fresh, a floral jasmine-rose accord, as light as a petal' and whilst I'm not sure I know what jasmine and rose together smells like, I would definitely agree that it's a light floral scent, but it's definitely not overpowering or one of those scents that make you smell like an old woman! 
Before this, my favourite perfume was Miss Dior Cherie and whilst they're obviously not the same, they're fairly similar scents and I'm pretty sure that if you like one, you'll like the other!
Obviously the packaging is absolutely gorgeous, and I feel like such a fancy-pants having it sat on my dressing table! For the moment I'm still keeping it inside the box because it just looks too gorgeous to throw away, but I'm sure I'll get tired of that once the novelty wears off... If that's even possible!
My bottle of EDT was 50ml and it lasted me well over a year, so I have a feeling I won't need a top up of this until at least next Christmas, which I'm hoping I can get as a present again as at £68, that's not going to be fun to repurchase!
In case you could not tell by how completely in love with this I am, I would definitely recommend you head down to your local Boots and see if you can have a sniff. I feel like perfume is something that's fairly justifiable investing in because you get so much use out of it and knowing that you smell nice can be a real confidence booster!

What's your favourite perfume? Do you have any products that make you feel like a real fancy-pants?

10 comments

  1. This is my absolute favourite perfume! I can't pinpoint exactly what it is about it, but I always go back to it! I'm feeling the need to try the Dior one after reading this post as I probably need to experiment with different things :)
    Jodie x
    http://www.joiedejodie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I kind of struggled to write a review saying why I like it because I just do haha! Miss Dior Cherie is lovely, I would definitely recommend it if you like this one! x

      Delete
  2. I really need to own a Chanel perfume at some point in my life. Lovely post x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what my stepdad said when he got me my first bottle - every girl deserves to own a Chanel perfume at some point in their life! x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Haha I know what you mean, I know this post might seem a little bit braggy but I don't care because this perfume is just too good not to share! x

      Delete
  4. This is my favourite too! I was surprised by my manager with one for Christmas! I've never been able to afford the perfume, so the present was amazing. I am using it sparsely, as I don't know if I'll ever be able to justify buying another :)
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I think you certainly win the award for best manager ever! x

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a gorgeous perfume! I haven't tried any from Chanel x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My stepdad claims that every woman deserves to have a Chanel perfume at some point in her life - I'm sure your time will come! x

      Delete

© Meguana
Maira Gall